A not long time ago, I was talking with a friend of mine who wondered how was happening in the personal love relationship.
My friend’s partner has started to check the mobile too much often. They can meet just along weekends due to their job, but a lot of time my friend missed the partner, lost in the personal mobile phone.
At my friend’s observations, the partner usually replied that it was needed to reply because of (everything) but it only was a chat group, so anything urgent, really.
My friend was asking the self if there was an issue between them, unsaid but acted in this way, even the partner didn’t hide the chat. Also, they both were thinking of getting married.
If this is happening in your love relationship too, what are you pondering by now?
Or maybe you both pay the same attention to your mobile and this is a shared attitude, like many couples I see for example in a restaurant table, both of them checking their mobile phone.
However, my friend was worried and a bit surprised by this attitude.
You know, I have been posting about this topic for a while, but now I put myself in a person’s mind asking myself: Why this woman says this?
I am so happy for you!
You may think of this detox as a useless issue because you don’t need it.
It means that you are able to turn off your mobile/Ipad/laptop when you don’t need to check it, even if for a specific job or some life emergence, and to completely live your off-line life with yourself, friends, pets and family.
But, if you are not this kind of people and you are experiencing the following attitude, you really need a digital detox, now, not tomorrow! 😉
– You are constantly checking your all devices, even from the mobile you can take a look of them all.
This check happens very often, and your feeling is that you don’t want to miss anything happening on your chat groups, WhatsApp workgroup, and in your social media accounts.
If anybody underlined you that, you have a lot of justifications to show them…
– Since your partner doesn’t have the same attitude, like my friend, you are arguing a lot about it, so you need to hide for checking the mobile, and you don’t feel so well towards your partner.
– You are not currently in a love relationship, you feel alone and you spend a lot of time chatting in Fb, or Twitter or any other Social media.
While you are chatting you feel fine, when the chat stops, you have a sudden feeling of desperation, a feeling to be only by yourself in the world, so you re-start a new chat or try to sleep if it was night. And, not be said, sleeping is a big issue by now for you…
– You are chatting so long time that it comes across your all nights, so now you feel tired and you can’t afford the daily routine and the workday schedule. You wait for your weekend, but you can’t do it because of your relatives. So, your energy is draining and you aren’t able to be at your best way.
– You can switch off from your devices but you aren’t feeling good doing it. Your mind continuously comes back there, so you are distracted, not concentrated, and people around you perceive your attitude like a lack of attention and presence for them.
– You are reading this article and smiling because you can check your mobile, typing replies and put vocal messages on there while you are with your friends, at a family dinner or whatsoever, so, you think that’s not your matter. 😉
– You actually want to stop your chats but somebody replies and you aren’t able to tell them that now you have other stuff to do, so your feeling is almost anger, towards them that don’t understand and don’t stop to chat…
(If I lost some attitudes that you know, please, write it in the comments, I will add that if contextual!)
One of all of these attitudes, or more than just one, means that your relation with your devices or your mobile by now needs to be re- set up for allowing you to live both your on and off-line life in a very meaningful way.
Perhaps you don’t know where to start off and how to do a digital detox, you can find some useful tips on my website, there is an Infographic about this.
But, the first and fundamental step is to Be Aware of what’s happening within you, by now.